As a new Compassionate Entrepreneur, I’m learning the ways Trades of Hope builds artisan partnerships and tackles human trafficking issues that go beyond the initial purchase of artisan products. One of these ways is through a program called “Gifts of Hope.”
“Gifts of Hope” is the vehicle through which Trades of Hope gives back a percentage of profits of product sales (currently 10%). Donations are given to various organizations that empower women around the world, with a focus on:
- Fighting Against Sex Trafficking: Sweetwater Girls Ranch in Minnesota, A21 Campaign, International Justice Mission;
- Sustainable Agriculture: Donating baby chicks to families in need as a way for them to create a sustainable food source and income;
- Disaster Relief: Relief from Hurricane Matthew in Haiti, the earthquake in Nepal, the Orlando shooting, the Louisiana flooding in 2016, and various emergency needs of our artisans worldwide;
- Education: Supporting Three Angels School in Haiti, starting and supporting Apparent Project School in Haiti, fully funding Good News School in India, donating supplies to schools in Thailand, and giving to Freedom Global’s Girls School in Kenya;
- Empowering Through Resources: Counseling sessions for artisans in need, water wheels, wells and water pipes, bikes for girls in Cambodia, sewing machines for women around the world to start their businesses.
It is wonderful to know that by gifting a Trades of Hope product, you’re actually giving twice – once to the gift recipient, and the other to organizations such as those mentioned above.
You can check out this video to see all of the amazing things that were done through Gifts of Hope in 2016!
What an honor to be able to represent such an amazing, compassionate company that is truly a Force for Good in this world! Feel free to connect with me to learn more about how you can get involved to spread Hope + Dignity.